Originally posted by ellanoize:
599875

I AM IN LOVE WITH PIETA BROWN! I found this Cd by accident and I can't stop listening to it. She has a beautiful Haunting voice and with powerful Phrasing.
Her voice reminds me of a mix of several different artist, like a pinch of Dylan, Some Rickie Lee Jones and add some Eddie Brickell and a dash of mello Patti Smith

You can hear some samples over at CD Universe

Stephen, I hope you have a great time at Dylan, His voice might not be as strong as it used to be, but he is a brilliant poet & songwriter and you are correct about his status of being a legend.
20070929 dylanfb
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Roger,

I heard clips from Pieta's cd on allmusic.com. She is great!! Reminds me quite abit of Edie Brickell. Allmusic says she's alot like Lucinda Williams (I really am not familiar with Lucinda's work, but someday I'll be)